The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 15:53:55 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 16:07, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I thought it was pretty clear to anyone involved in the buildsystem
> that cmake is our only option here. And, just so that it is clear:
> this was no TWG decision. It's a simple situation that stems from
> fact that cmake is being actively worked on and no other system is.

It's one thing that it's clear that scons was not supported while cmake
was, but still a mail about this on kde-core-devel would be nice
instead of simply stating "the choice has been made". No, I have no
problem with cmake as I don't know it, just that the statement
suggested that the TWG decided altough in the statues it says that
decisions are reached on public mailing lists, namely kde-core-devel.

Andras