move Phonon to trunk kdelibs (another branch to merge)

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 11:51:37 GMT 2006

Hi,

as the main parts of Phonon are pretty much in shape by now I'd like to move
it to trunk kdelibs. The most important frontend classes have apidox (with
more to come, of course) and are useable for writing simple media players
(more than enough for JuK in any case). There are also unit tests for the
classes necessary for audio playback (more to come here, as well).

Development of a backend using NMM is in the works and I'm hoping for more
people to step up and write backends for other frameworks (like Allan, who
wanted to look into xinelib (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1721)).

The code can currently be found in branches/work/kdelibs-phonon/phonon.

PS: In case you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://vir.homelinux.org/blog/index.php?/categories/2-Phonon

--
C'ya
        Matthias