move Phonon to trunk kdelibs (another branch to merge)

Michaël Larouche michael.larouche at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 14 13:15:46 GMT 2006

Le Mardi 14 Mars 2006 06:51, Matthias Kretz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> as the main parts of Phonon are pretty much in shape by now I'd like to
> move it to trunk kdelibs. The most important frontend classes have apidox
> (with more to come, of course) and are useable for writing simple media
> players (more than enough for JuK in any case). There are also unit tests
> for the classes necessary for audio playback (more to come here, as well).
>
> Development of a backend using NMM is in the works and I'm hoping for more
> people to step up and write backends for other frameworks (like Allan, who
> wanted to look into xinelib (http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1721)).
>
> The code can currently be found in branches/work/kdelibs-phonon/phonon.
>
> PS: In case you don't know what I'm talking about:
> http://vir.homelinux.org/blog/index.php?/categories/2-Phonon

IMO, we should have a working backend before merging into kdelibs.

Also a question, where do we but the backends, we can't put that into kdelibs
for sure.

I wondering that too when we will merge kdehw(Solid) branch upstream, where
this new brick of softwares will go.
--
Michaël Larouche (Shock The Dark Mage)
KDE developer working on Kopete, Kamefu...on dial-up :P
MSN/Email: michael.larouche at kdemail.net
IRC: irc.freenode.org/DarkShock on #kopete,#solid,#kamefu,#plasma
Jabber: darkshock at myjabber.net