The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 10:57:08 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 10:16, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I think it's pretty clear to everyone by now that cmake will be the
> buildsystem for KDE 4.0.

I don't think it's clear to all of us. I have read some of the threads on
kde-core-devel about the build system and only remember that some pretty
strong objections where voiced about cmake. How does it come that it's now
clear that we use cmake? Is there an executive summary of how and why this
decision was made?

> Does anyone have STRONG objections? I don't want to know if you don't like
> the syntax, or if you think buildsystem Foo would suit us better. The
> choice has been made and it's cmake. I want to know if people object the
> *procedure*.

Please make the procedure much more transparent. I have no idea how you
reached the decision, who has taken it, what were the reasons, and what
consequences it will have.