The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 10:34:34 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 02:16, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> choice has been made and it's cmake. I want to know if people object the
> *procedure*.

i welcome our new build system overlord.

now ... where's the HOWTO on using it in KDE? =) that's really my only
requirement is documentation, and i'm sure it's somewhere but right now
google is only giving this to me: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1743

as to 'the procedure' i suppose you are referring to the procedure as to how
the decision was made? to be honest, i have no idea how the decision was
made: i skipped 99% of the build system threads because they bore me to tears
and i trust others have a handle on it (given the length of the threads, i
should hope so ;).

however, what would be -really- nice (nay; practically mandatory) would be a
nice little summary of why the decision was made. this isn't to create
conversation or foment comments, but simply to communicate what's going on so
everyone is at least on the same page (whether or not in agreement, even).
this will go a long ways IMHO to building trust in and understanding what the
TWG is doing.

--
Aaron J. Seigo