The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 09:27:43 GMT 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> how about: get us down from 3 to 1 build system in trunk? ;)
>
> Yes, this is one of the first actions to take (I'll send an email on the
> other one).
>
> 1) remove all scons script files from our trunk
> 2) deprecate all configure.in.in and Makefile.am files
>
> The configure.in.in and Makefile.am files will be used exclusively by the
> people doing porting and writing the equivalent cmake files. When the
> porting is complete, they will remove those files as well.

Keep in mind that Makefile.am is currently *also* used (abusively) to
store DOxygen settings. I've been intending to transition that to using
Mainpage.dox for a long time, but please don't remove Makefile.am's until
(a) the APIDOX generation scripts have been modified (b) the information
has been extracted from the Makefile.am's and placed elsewhere.

As far as I care, the "make apidox" target can die a horrible death.

[ade]