KDE4 Development Critical Path

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 14 10:00:04 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 10:40, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> - Buildsystem: in order to build KDE (duh :-P)
> - Phonon: the new multimedia framework for KDE4
> - Solid: the new hardware abstraction framework
> - D-Bus: replace DCOP with D-Bus throughout KDE code

Speaking as a KOffice hacker, I couldn't care less about Phonon or Solid, but
d-bus is one of the first things I need. And I'm not sure what's going to
happen to kparts, but we cannot even think of starting to port KOffice
without working parts. Same with whatever is going to happen kxmlgui. So my
list would be:

build system
parts
kxmlgui