The Technical Working Group's mission statement

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 14 09:16:46 GMT 2006

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>On Monday 13 March 2006 06:01, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>  - further goals as requested by the community, according to the TWG
>>    charter[1]
>
>how about: get us down from 3 to 1 build system in trunk? ;)

Yes, this is one of the first actions to take (I'll send an email on the
other one).

I think it's pretty clear to everyone by now that cmake will be the
buildsystem for KDE 4.0. I'd like to:

1) remove all scons script files from our trunk
2) deprecate all configure.in.in and Makefile.am files

The configure.in.in and Makefile.am files will be used exclusively by the
people doing porting and writing the equivalent cmake files. When the
porting is complete, they will remove those files as well.

Does anyone have STRONG objections? I don't want to know if you don't like
the syntax, or if you think buildsystem Foo would suit us better. The
choice has been made and it's cmake. I want to know if people object the
*procedure*.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."