cmake

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jun 8 20:59:38 BST 2006

On Thursday 8 June 2006 21:31, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> >The /fast workarounds are interresting.
>
> Can we drop "workaround" as well?  :)

No, since it still is impossible to make cmake behave like really everyone
I talk to (well, except for you and alex) thinks it should work.

> The question is
> what is the default behavior.  In the IDE world, the default is safe
> but slow, build every thing that a target depends on, and make sure all
> depends are up-to-date.   That is the approach we are taking with
> cmake.   However, in a sub-directory, one might argue that the default
> target should be the /fast version, and there could be a /safe version.

Well; I have stated on this and on the CMake ML enough times the usecase
that happens most often and CMake does not have any way to do that. (see
bug 3348)
So I don't care which is the default; I'm going to be struggling with it
either way.

--
Thomas Zander