cmake

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 21:22:29 BST 2006

On 6/8/06, Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 8 June 2006 21:31, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> > >The /fast workarounds are interresting.
> >
> > Can we drop "workaround" as well? :)
>
> No, since it still is impossible to make cmake behave like really everyone
> I talk to (well, except for you and alex) thinks it should work.

Thomas, please stop trying to lump the rest of the world in with you.
If there are people who agree with you either give names or let them
speak for themselves. And stop making it sound like Alex and William
are joined together in an evil plot to give you long compile times. :)

In my opinion William and Alex have gone absolutely positively above
and beyond the call of duty in their efforts to get CMake working with
KDE. The thought that they would be specifically trying to hamper
things for no reason is ridiculous.

Optimization is always a goal but I'm happy that we have a working
buildsystem right now due almost primarily to their efforts. If things
stayed the same speed as they do now I'd be perfectly fine with it,
and I would be thanking them for their work (in fact I have). If you
can convince people to make things work the way you would like them to
that is fine, but please stop indirectly claiming that every other KDE
developer is as dissappointed with the new buildsystem as you are.

(I am adding a smilie below here because this is email, and I don't
want anyone to think that I'm YELLING, I'm just voicing some
displeasure in a normal tone of voice.)

:)   <--- Smilie!