kutils/KEdit

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Jul 23 18:00:04 BST 2006

Am Freitag, 21. Juli 2006 19:58 schrieb Jaison Lee:
> > The really most important question is actually this: Can the user perform
> > all bidi tasks in kwrite as he could do in kedit? Only if this question
> > can be answered with an unananimous yes -- and this means that there are
> > no strage bidi bugs or usability issues left which prevent effective
> > editing -- then kedit should be sent into its well deserved retirement.
>
> Above any objections of an active, enthusiastic maintainer that has
> put time and effort into contributing something to the KDE project?
> All so that we can remove one of the smallest apps there is in a
> module that isn't even always installed?

First, my reply specifically targets kedit which has gone unmaintained for
years.

Second, my reply is actually *in favor* of keeping kedit, because I doubt
kwrite will provide bugfree bidi editing by KDE 4.0(1).

Third, on applications being actively maintained, the maintainer has to be
asked on all matters, certainly. In no way my reply was implying to deny him
that.

mfg
	Leo

(1) kate-devs may certainly prove me wrong anytime :-)