kdelibs coding style

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun Jul 23 12:39:36 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 23. Juli 2006 10:59 schrieb mETz:
> Btw, I did not hear any argument _against_ having curly braces on a line of
> their own yet except for "but we don't want to change this style, either
> all or nothing"... ;)

If you want another one: most of kdelibs _does_ put the braces in the same
line as the statement.

We wanted to avoid a discussion about which style is better, so thought
following Qt style guide is as good as it gets. Following the discussion (and
looking at current kdelibs code), it seems leaving out that brace rule (or
making it a two fold option :) might be an adoption we might want to have.
But I consider it _very_ important we get rid of all tabs/space mixes in
kdelibs and/or put emacs/vim/kate modelines in all files/dirs that follow an
own style (currently).

I really don't understand most of the discussion. Maksim says keramik source
code is consistent, but doesn't that imply the contributors followed some
policy that was made up by someone? So why do people think that creating a
new policy for new files will be a problem to new contributors? It's beyond
me.

Greetings, Stephan