KDE_NO_EXPORT

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Jul 17 16:40:56 BST 2006

On Monday 17 July 2006 17:01, Allen Winter wrote:
> It seems to me that public library classes should either be
> KDE_EXPORTed or KDE_NO_EXPORTed. True?

If there is a class in kdelibs that is not _used_ by a class outside that
same library, but should have had the EXPORT macro, then something is
wrong and it should either not be in kdelibs or it should indeed not be
exported.
This means that in practice its unneeded to have this NO_EXPORT as
forgetting the export will very quickly make a compile (elsewhere) fail.

Because of that, I personally see no advantage in having this, and I think
the only result is more work and hard to track down copy-paste errors.
--
Thomas Zander