KDE_NO_EXPORT

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jul 17 16:01:39 BST 2006

Howdy,

It seems to me that public library classes should either be KDE_EXPORTed or KDE_NO_EXPORTed.
True?

i.e., the class symbol should either be explicitly marked as "yes, it can be seen outside the library"
or "no, it should not be seen outside the library".

So, what I'm really asking is... for public classes that are not marked with the FOO_EXPORT macro,
would it be ok to mark them with the KDE_NO_EXPORT macro?  (assuming that they really
are not for exporting and we simply didn't forget to FOO_EXPORT them).

Regards,
Allen

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE