kde4 application disable to compile for the moment

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Sun Jul 16 16:50:34 BST 2006

* Laurent Montel -- Sunday 16 July 2006 17:33:
* > On Sunday 16 July 2006 17:18, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > qt-copy's apply_patches doesn't work.
>
> Work fine.
> all patch which necessary are already apply into qt-copy source.

I tried for several days now, and until yesterday it didn't work. I don't
consider the patches essential, well, most of them. But I'm trying since
many weeks to compile qt-copy, kdelibs, kdebase, ... and as long as I
couldn't get these three to work even halfway, I didn't see the point
in messing with code in e.g. kdeartwork. Note that I don't complain
about that. *I* am patient. (Also, I don't claim that there's a lot
of my code in KDE. Most of it is already ported or didn't need to get
ported. There's only a screensaver missing. I basically needed to
rewrite it, and did already. But I can't do the final bits, as there
is no working screensaver to look into as a template.

> we are able to launch application.

Sure, but a screensaver needs some framework, no? And even if not:
why do suddenly single apps need to be ported already, when kdebase
isn't even?

> And during trysil week we fixed kde start => so we are able to launch all
> kdesktop/kicker etc.

I wasn't there and nobody informed me.  :-P

That's OK. But you said:

| so we can perhaps removed them from kde module

which I find a bit premature, if not offensive.

m.