LDAP functions in 4.0

Szombathelyi György gyurco at freemail.hu
Wed Jul 12 22:35:04 BST 2006

Hello!

As I recently tried to compiled kdebase (trunk), I shocked that (mostly) my
kio_ldap disabled since there are some classes in kabc which the ioslave
uses. My question is: may I move the ldap classes in KDE (Ldif, LdapUrl,
LdapConfigWidget) from kdepimlibs to a new library (libkldap). I thinked that
putting it in kio/misc/kldap would be a good idea. Also my plan is to take
some classes from KAddressBook which are LDAP related (LdapServer and some
others), clean up for generic use and also put it in this lib. My final goal
is to make a lib which can be used for basic LDAP manipulation, and querying
directory servers will not require kio_ldap (as KUser, KAddressbook and the
LDAP resource does it now), actually kio_ldap will be a wrapper for this lib.
Opinions?

Bye,
György