LDAP functions in 4.0

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Thu Jul 13 09:27:39 BST 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:35:04PM +0200, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> Hello!
Hi György,

> Also my plan is to take
> some classes from KAddressBook which are LDAP related (LdapServer and some
> others), clean up for generic use and also put it in this lib. My final goal
> is to make a lib which can be used for basic LDAP manipulation, and querying
> directory servers will not require kio_ldap (as KUser, KAddressbook and the
> LDAP resource does it now), actually kio_ldap will be a wrapper for this lib.
> Opinions?
Great, I'm all for it!

We just have to think about where to locate this lib in SVN, if it's a
generic lib, most applications should be able to make use of it.

BTW, would it be possible to make the openldap wrapper Qt only? Then Qt
only application could use this code as well. Atm every application has
to deal with the undocumented, procedure based C API directly, it's
really time for a nice C++ wrapper.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!