policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 10:08:39 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 10:15, David Faure wrote:

> ... which is blatantly ignoring the request from most app developers

Nope. The app developers said that they don't want to recompile at all. Not
now, not in two weeks, not once per week. Never.

The way to do that usually is to do a release. But releasing seems to be out
of question right now, given that we only hack on it for about a year now.

If you want app developers so badly against something that doesn't even start
up (or until recently wasn't able to), then do releases. Do compileable
snapshots. Get a release plan. Get a road map.

Right now, we don't have a release schedule, we don't have a TP planned
anymore, we don't have an Alpha planned, we don't know which API is done and
which is not, we don't know when we release and what will be part of it and
we don't know which parts of it will remain compatible after 4.0.

So yes, we definitely need more branches and more bleeding / snapshots merge
mess to solve the problem that we don't have application developers. Way to
go, guys!

Dirk