policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 09:15:59 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 08:40, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 09:05, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > So developers are only allowed to rename KFoo to KFooBar on fridays
> > (it used to be monday), right? But then you get a huge mess because
> > everyone commits his class rename and porting at the same time always
> > getting conflicts because someone else renamed KBar to KBarFoo and
> > can only commit on fridays too.
>
> Cannot this be solved by simply informing all other here what you plan
> to do?

That won't help, the rush of "having to do all the work in one day" will still be there.
That's a rather messy solution where everything is done in a rush - leading to
bad code quality.

> Conflicts within ported code might still happen, but I think it won't be
> too frequent. Well, all in all, I support Dirk's version.
... which is blatantly ignoring the request from most app developers to
not have to update kdelibs for a period of time before they start working
on the evening.