policy change related to kdelibs snapshots

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 11:22:17 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 11:08, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > ... which is blatantly ignoring the request from most app developers
>
> Nope. The app developers said that they don't want to recompile at all.
> Not now, not in two weeks, not once per week. Never.

Must be 'other' app developers then.  Who have you been talking to?
In this thread I have seen several koffice developers state that we just
want to update every other week. And all of them fully support the
initial proposal.

Actually; after its been used in real life for yesterdays snapshot; I'm
more then a little enthusiastic about it :-)

> Right now, we don't have a release schedule, we don't have a TP planned
> anymore, we don't have an Alpha planned, we don't know which API is
> done and which is not, we don't know when we release and what will be
> part of it and we don't know which parts of it will remain compatible
> after 4.0.

Might be true; so its a chaotic mob moving forward at incredible speed
without a clear definition when we reach the endline.
Except for the speed; what else is new?

maybe it bothers you; well, get over it :-)
--
Thomas Zander