is new lib dependency possible for 3.5.2?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Jan 29 20:45:38 GMT 2006

Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2006 18:47 schrieb Andriy Rysin:
> As to the main critic - the point is that if there's C library which I
> could use to (greatly) improve xkb configuration parsing for kxkb (we're
> talking about a dozen of bugs here) and later add new features for free,
> why would I care that it uses another low-level lib,  which depends only
> on glibc?

It is not about *some* C-library, it's about *glib*, without which nothing of
gnome would remotely exist. If we introduce a hard dependency on glib (we
have too many soft ones already), I can vividly imagine the Ximian marketing
meisters telling corporate IT deciders, "... it [KDE] is based on the same
libraries like gnome, but needlessly duplicates functionality. So it uses up
twice the RAM and is twice as slow. Why going with the cheap copy when you
can have the original?". This statement is full of lies, but it's called
marketing for a reason.

mfg
	Leo