kdevelop (Re: Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4)

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Jan 26 23:32:15 GMT 2006

> > Ok, is it essential for you to have support for lisp. Will other
> > languages (lua, python, whatever...) fit you? The question is whether it
> > is important to have emacs-lisp or to have powerful scriptability for an
> > IDE.
>
> OK, I admit it doesn't have to be lisp, many things could be offered by
> kdevelop itself, and the rest could be scriptable using any language.
> In particular doing that stuff from kdevelop would allow to use a real C++
> parser instead of the regexp-based partial parsing done by the lisp code,
> which often hits its own limits.

It might seems to be a little bit off-topic, but why choose a scripting
language when you can have all of them ? (currently only Python and Ruby, but
support for kjs/kjsembed is planned, and why not lisp ?). kross is a library
orignially developed inside kexi and now move in kofficelib and uses in
krita, that allow to easily add scripting to an application and design to be
independant of interpreters and scripting language.

You can find more at:
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Scripting

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---