Proposal to plan for "Milestone Releases" on the way to KDE4

A.J. Venter aj at getopenlab.com
Wed Jan 25 10:03:47 GMT 2006

> But it would be stupid to ignore the needs of distributors, so I hope you
> don't mean your "We do whatever we want. What distributors do is their
> problem" as absolute and unfriendly as it sounds.
As a distributor, allow me to concur wholeheartedly. One of the prime
motivations why OpenLab ships KDE instead of that other desktop (there were
many others but it WAS one) is exactly the fact that KDE´s packaging and
distribution mechanisms make my life a lot easier, allowing me to focus on my
real job.

Ciao
A.J.

--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."