which compilers do we want to support with KDE 4 ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 22 09:35:56 GMT 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 10:21, Gregory Hayes wrote:
> to include < gcc 3.4 when KDE 4 is released. We need to draw the line
> somewhere, and chosing not to support a compiler that is "known to be
> broken" makes sense to me. However, there seem to be people on both sides

How to put it, I don't consider gcc 3.2 as "known to be broken". gcc 3.2 is
perfectly able to compile complete KDE 3.5. It's just not able to grok
*advanced* template stuff (/me neither).
If we consider everything which is not working 100% perfectly or having 100%
of the features implemented correctly as broken then KDE is "known to be
broken" from version 1.0 up to 3.5, see bugs.kde.org.

I will try to build a simple testcase for the problems in kxmlcore and if we
don't find a solution for this I'll update to 3.3.

Alex