which compilers do we want to support with KDE 4 ?

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jan 22 17:43:50 GMT 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 03:42, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> Other non-Linux platforms may have different requirements. I can't
> speak for the NetBSD/OpenBSD/DragonflyBSD/Solaris/AIX/HPUX/...
> packagers, they will have to comment themselves.

Solaris will continue to use SunPro (SunStudio 11, which, by the way,
is now completely free -- as in beer --  and, by the way, there is
now a SunStudio 11 for Linux as well, which is also free -- as in
beer).

IMHO it would be of great benefit to KDE if there was an "official"
effort to make the KDE source code compile with a compiler which does
not support GNU extensions. It doesn't have to be SunStudio, the
Intel compiler in ANSI mode is just as strict as SunStudio -- the
Intel compiler is (used to be?) free as in beer AFAIK.

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python