Kimageio removal

Szombathelyi György gyurco at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 15 15:37:30 GMT 2006

And does it matter?

Say KDE4 builds information about KImageIO modules (which are doesn't exists
anymore, since the're all converted to QImageIOHandler plugins, except for a
few), KDE3 apps can't use them already, because of BIC problems. And this is
true for other services, too. I'm always thinking that the ksycoca file
should be called ksycoca-4 or sth. similar, and starting the first KDE3 app
in KDE4 will build its own ksycoca file. I don't know much about the deep
internals, how is this solved in KDE2->3?