Kimageio removal

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Jan 15 19:23:46 GMT 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 16:37, Szombathelyi György wrote:
> And does it matter?

Like Waldo mentioned it depends on what kind of policy we adopt for
porting. If we'll decide that the installation can live next to each
other then yeah, it's a problem. Furthermore when I converted KImageIO
to Qt4 I didn't remove for a very simple reason, to query what plugins
are support via qimage[reader/writer] it has to load the plugins to
figure out what format they provide. kimageio didn't have to do that.
it's not a terribly hard problem but i didn't feel like dealing with it
then. you kinda ignored it, which is another option =)

Zack

--
Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.