Removing aRts

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Fri Feb 17 13:37:00 GMT 2006

Hi guys,

Le Vendredi 17 Février 2006 11:50, Matthias Kretz a écrit :
> Depends on how far I get:
> - audio and video are a must have
> - audio and video processing (effects) are a must have
> - DVD, TV, Webcam capture, and so forth, would be nice to have, and I will
> work more on that as soon as I have the above covered.
>
> And btw, Phonon does not qualify as being called a framework. It's a
> library easing multimedia development while making the applications
> independent of a multimedia framework/lib or soundserver.

That's good to read there will be facilities to record sound from microphone
(I think/hope the "Webcam capture" also includes microphone only input).
It would be handy for note taking applications to attach recorded audio
notes/messages/remembers.

Will the captured audio be saved to standard format like OGG or MP3, or in
raw/wav format like KRecord (which is nearly useless if every audio note take
several Mb)?

And last question, will there be ways to cut such audio note.
Cut the X first minutes, or the Y last seconds would be sufficient.
Imagine an audio remember for a shoplist, and we bought the last ingredient,
cutting the last Y seconds would erase it from the shoplist.

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.