kxml_compiler

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 16:10:56 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 16:16, Allen Winter wrote:

> Do you have a list of changes that are needed.  And an estimate
> of how hard the changes are?   Are we talking junior jobs, or expert?

The most important change would be to move away from RelaxNG and use the XML
Schema parser of Tobias which also is somewhere in the kode directory. This
probably implies quite a bit of other changes. Definitely no junior job.

> You know that I really want to re-write all the holidays files into a
> RelaxNG schema. And move kdepim/libkholidays into kdelibs.   And I need a
> more robust kode/kxml_compiler to accomplish this.. and then kode will also
> need to be moved into kdelibs.

Yes. If you want to get things done quickly, I would recommend to fall back to
traditional XML parsing. This would mean writing some boring parsing code,
though. Getting kxml_compiler into a generally usable shape would of course
be the much more honorable task ;-)