kxml_compiler

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 15:16:18 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 17:11, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2006 20:50, Allen Winter wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if kxml_compiler (which is currently located in
> > kdepim/kode/kxml_compiler) should be moved into kdelibs4.  It seems like a
> > general purpose tool that is not pim specific.
>
> Right. But it is far from being generally useful, so it would need a serious
> amount of work, if it should go to kdelibs. I'm currently not able to make a
> commitment to work on kxml_compiler, so unless somebody else wants to take
> over, I would prefer to keep it where it is for now.

Hi Cornelius,

Do you have a list of changes that are needed.  And an estimate
of how hard the changes are?   Are we talking junior jobs, or expert?

You know that I really want to re-write all the holidays files into a RelaxNG schema.
And move kdepim/libkholidays into kdelibs.   And I need a more robust kode/kxml_compiler
to accomplish this.. and then kode will also need to be moved into kdelibs.

So, step 1 is to get some idea of what it will take to get kode/kxml_compiler up to kdelibs quality.

--
Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE