KPasswordEdit and security

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 26 23:39:29 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 15:48, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> KPasswordEdit also change the echo mode depending KDE preference (one
> star/3 stars/no echo), and the at least the possibility to have "no echo"
> should be kept.

QLineEdit provides support for no echo, but not 3 stars. personally, i think
the latter is a neat-but-practically-useless feature. if we get rid of it we
can get rid of an enum and two ctors in that one class.

and if using QSecureArray means we can get non-ascii suppot for password entry
(what an emberassing bug) then i'm all for a dependance on QCA.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se