Preparing terrain for kio_uiserver

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 22:55:38 GMT 2006

Hi Rafael,

I have some comments on the method documentation:

setJobIcon:

> Set the icon that will be showed to @p jobIcon.

Should be:  "Set the icon associated with this job to @p jobIcon"

jobIcon:

>       * Returns the icon to be showed on the kio_uiserver when
>       * drawing this job
>       * If not set, this will return the default app icon
>       * that launched this job

Should be:  "Returns the icon associated with this job.  If no icon
has been set explicitly using setJobIcon, the icon associated with the
application that started this job will be returned."

appName:

> Returns the app friendly name that launched this job

I don't understand what "app friendly name means", could you explain?

internalAppName:

> Returns the app internal name that launched this job

I don't understand what "app internal name" means, could you explain?

Small language issue:  Please use the full word "application" instead of "app".

Regarding your reply:

> It may be extended on the future for having support for kind of movies,
> or so. It could be a really interesting improvement, but I prefer having
> the base mechanism working.

SVG animations would probably be useful, but not "movies" in the sense
of a sequence of raster images (eg. QMovie).  Still as you said, get
the basics working first.