Preparing terrain for kio_uiserver

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 16:12:39 GMT 2006

Hi again,

This mail is because I didn't tell ya why this patch is <relatively> needed.
I'm working in an improvement of the kio_uiserver, and it is able to show
some information about jobs (such as progress, the app that launched it, the
icon of the app that launched it...). Is necessary to have some kind of
getters (and setters) for the job to let the observer read that info and
send it to the uiserver through dbus.

I omitted having setters for the appName and the internalAppName attributes,
since they shoudn't change during job life time. For example, the icon can
be set to let (as example) the same app that launched different jobs for
different purposes having different icons, instead of showing the same icon
app, that wouldn't say so much graphically.

It may be extended on the future for having support for kind of movies, or
so. It could be a really interesting improvement, but I prefer having the
base mechanism working.

Right now, it works perfectly, but it has to be extended to not only show
jobs and their information, but letting users sending actions to jobs
(pause, stop, cancel...), and so on.

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.