Color manipulation functions in kdelibs?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Dec 13 20:35:52 GMT 2006

> >but then again no
> >one blends one pixel with another. People blend drawables. For that we
> >need a decent image manipulation framework in KDE. For now we don't have
> >it, so the discussion imho is moot.
>
> Actually, it is far from moot. In order to blend images, you have to
> first be able to blend the pixels in the image. Guess what that means?
> :-) Everything I have been talking about is the *foundation* of that
> "decent image manipulation framework" that we don't have.

I feel a litlle bit lost at what you are trying to achieve ? At the
beginning of the thread, I got the feeling that you wanted blending
color function for some accessiblity/usuability stuff, but now you are
speaking of an image manipulation framework, which is a big undertaking.
As there is more to image manipulation than color blending and
converting. So please tell us what do you want to achieve so that we can
find the best solution ?

--
Cyrille Berger