Color manipulation functions in kdelibs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 14 18:08:39 GMT 2006

Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On Thursday 14 December 2006 17:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> HLS is considered by some (many?) to be a truer representation of
>> perceived color. For a relatively definitive (i.e. not my own NSHO)
>> statement of this, see Wikipedia's article on HLS color space:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_color_space#Comparison_of_HSL_and_HSV.
>
> Note that for artists HSV is the standard in all decent apps. Inkscape is the
> only app I know that uses HLS and it takes a bit of getting used to. Just
> thought I should mention it :-)

You mean "some artists". :-) I'd like to consider myself in that group,
and... well as you can tell I like HLS. Actually I can usually work with
either but I think there are a lot of advantages to HLS, especially if
you are trying to create lighting effects. (Which is why I think HLS
should be available for UI designers, e.g. style writers.)

--
Matthew
What? This signature /again/?