Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Thu Apr 27 21:24:10 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 16:18, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 03:47 PM 4/27/2006, Zack Rusin wrote:
> >On Thursday 27 April 2006 15:34, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> pkg-config doesn't exist on windows
> >
> >what makes you say that? there's at least a few version. That includes
> > binary packages like:
> >http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/pkg-config-0.20.zip
>
> You can not seriously think that we can count on pkg-config being
> installed on a windows box before you can have cmake successfully
> find qt?  It maybe ported there, but I have never seen a single windows
> machine that used it.
>
> >> and several of the unix platforms (at least by default).
> >
> >What platforms are those?
>
> Sun, HP, IRIX, Mac OSX, and even some linux systems.

Ahm, no. The fact that you don't have it installed doesn't relate at all to it
working on those systems.

And to be honest you're making a really silly argument. To illustrate this:
> uname -a
Linux ppc64 2.6.16-gb2fd16b4-dirty #1 SMP Fri Mar 31 15:49:08 EST 2006 ppc64
GNU/Linux
> cmake
bash: cmake: command not found
Does that mean we can't use cmake because it's not by default on my machine?
What about Qt? It's on none of the platforms you listed by default as well,
doesn't mean we can't use it, does it?

Zack