Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Apr 28 23:21:18 BST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 23:57, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> They either use qmake themselves, or their own buildsystems (which means
> they don't use qmake).
>
> Cmake is the only buildsystem that depends on another buildsystem being
> installed (qmake) for it to work. What the FindQt4.cmake script is doing
> is akin to creating a configure.ac file and running "autoconf &&
> configure".

cmake can:
-use qmake
-use pkg-config
-use qmake and optionally use pkg-config
-use pkg-config and optionally use qmake
-use neither qmake nor pkg-config

We can discuss this without end. No matter which option I'll choose there will
be people arguing that just another option would be The Right One.

As it is now it works for everybody on every platform without known problems.

I think we have more important things to do than do discuss how to "improve"
something which doesn't have any known problems.

Bye
Alex