Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 20:47:54 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 15:34, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> pkg-config doesn't exist on windows

what makes you say that? there's at least a few version. That includes binary
packages like:
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/pkg-config-0.20.zip

> and several of the unix platforms (at least by default).

What platforms are those?

> So it has to work also without pkg-config.

I don't think it does. Given that X.Org depends on it now and we know it works
on windows and osx - number of platforms that are left out and we can
reasonably support is most likely zero.

> And for making it work one has to setup some pkg-config related environment
> variables correctly, which probably only very few users know

We're talking about development here not users. And to be honest all packages
that use pkg-config have error messages like:
"configure: error: Library requirements (someLib >= 0.1.0) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them." And during the check
there's:
"Perhaps you should add the directory containing `someLib.pc' to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable" if someLib isn't found.
Is that not enough?

Zack

--
A day without sunshine is like, well, night.