Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 13:35:29 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 00:11, David Faure wrote:

> Well there is no way to use kdelibs with builddir == installdir anyway, so
> I don't see the point. My idea was to generate those forwarding headers
> during make install. This means however that using <KFoo> wouldn't be
> possible from inside kdelibs itself.

It would be great, if we could achieve complete consistency here and make it
possible to use class name header forwarders also inside of kdelibs.

Would it be possible to run a script as part of the configure step which would
extract the names of the public classes from the header files and set up the
corresponding forwarders? So for compiling the forwarders would already be
available.