Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 13:51:55 BST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 14:35, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 07 April 2006 00:11, David Faure wrote:
> > Well there is no way to use kdelibs with builddir == installdir anyway,
> > so I don't see the point. My idea was to generate those forwarding
> > headers during make install. This means however that using <KFoo>
> > wouldn't be possible from inside kdelibs itself.
>
> It would be great, if we could achieve complete consistency here and make
> it possible to use class name header forwarders also inside of kdelibs.

Yes, consistency would be really good.

> Would it be possible to run a script as part of the configure step which
> would extract the names of the public classes from the header files and set
> up the corresponding forwarders? So for compiling the forwarders would
> already be available.

Do we have headers which contain more than one class ?
(IMO these forwarding headers add one unneccessary level of indirection).

Maybe I'm too sceptic, and the windows developers which work on KDE are
different to all other windows developers I know...

Bye
Alex