A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 18:43:01 BST 2006

Frans Englich wrote, on Thursday 2006 April 06 4:02 pm:
> A mere suggestion: I would like to see a one-to-one mapping between file
> names and class names. For example, that KStatusBar class resides in
> KStatusBar.h. It would resemble Qt, and I think it has many advantages such
> as that it makes it easier to use. It is less confusing on where to find
> what(which C++ already has enough of). KDOM and KOffice(right? or parts of
> it?) has it like that.

Hi,

I don't see any benefit in using uppercase filesnames, but I do see a
disadvantage. I still don't understand why TT did it to Qt.  All it means is
that code that compiles on Windows (with filenames that are not case
sensitive) may not compile on Linux.

For this reason, I think KDE should avoid their use entirely.

thanks

cs