Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 13:33:07 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 19:16, David Faure wrote:

> No really. Qt uses lowercase.{cpp,h} in the source tree. The
> <QStatusBar>-like headers are only forwarders. I think we should do the
> same for kdelibs. Leaving things unchanged in the source tree, but
> installing qt-like forwarding headers. I just wonder how those forwarding
> headers are created, in Qt (automatically, or manually)...

I very much agree. Having forwarders for the public KDE classes would be
great.

I use that feature from Qt4 for a while now and while I was sceptical at
first, because it didn't fir to my habits, I now love it. It's really nice
that you never have to look up header file names anymore.

The only thing which is slightly annoying is that it's inconsistent with the
KDE convention and you have to think in two different ways for Qt and KDE
header. But this could easily be solved by adding header forwarders to KDE.