A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 19:07:56 BST 2006

A Dijous 06 Abril 2006 19:43, Charles Samuels va escriure:
> Frans Englich wrote, on Thursday 2006 April 06 4:02 pm:
> > A mere suggestion: I would like to see a one-to-one mapping between file
> > names and class names. For example, that KStatusBar class resides in
> > KStatusBar.h. It would resemble Qt, and I think it has many advantages
> > such as that it makes it easier to use. It is less confusing on where to
> > find what(which C++ already has enough of). KDOM and KOffice(right? or
> > parts of it?) has it like that.
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any benefit in using uppercase filesnames, but I do see a
> disadvantage. I still don't understand why TT did it to Qt.  All it means
> is that code that compiles on Windows (with filenames that are not case
> sensitive) may not compile on Linux.

That happens with Qt 3.3 already, at work people do not stop to
#include <QValueVector.h>
and works for them and i have to come after and change it to
#include <qvaluevector.h>
so that it works for me, so that Qt4 change does not adds up that problem. It
already exists.

Albert

> For this reason, I think KDE should avoid their use entirely.
>
> thanks
>
> cs

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com