HAL required ?

Jérôme Lodewyck lodewyck at clipper.ens.fr
Mon Sep 26 22:11:37 BST 2005

Le Lundi 26 Septembre 2005 22:32, Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> Le Lundi 26 Septembre 2005 22:20, Jérôme Lodewyck a écrit :
> > I think would should only rely on pkgconfig, and totally remove those
> > ugly hardcoded path (see the attached configure.in.in). Do you agree ?
>
> Of course I agree, I hate our current configure.in.in =)
>
> I see a problem with your proposal though, you prolly ignored the 0.4.x
> support for HAL, and introduce a check against the Qt4 DBUS binding. This
> configure.in.in would be suitable for KDE 4, not for KDE 3.5, we need a
> fixed one for 3.5 only.

Of course, this configure.in.in was for trunk...

For KDE 3.5, the problem is that there is no pkgconfig header for qt3
bindings[1]. A possible work around would be to use pkgconfig for dbus, and
search for qt binding in the found include and lib path... But I am not sure
such a "cosmetic" change is worth the effort, considering the imminent
release of 3.5, and that the current configure.in.in is quite "proven",
despite its aspect.

[1] It even seems to me that qt3 bindings have been removed from the dbus CVS.
The range of HAL/DBus versions working with KDE 3.5 is getting narrower and
narrower...