Backporting trunk Kate to kdelibs4_snapshot

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Sep 16 21:35:37 BST 2005

Le Jeudi 15 Septembre 2005 22:33, Adam Treat a écrit :
> Is it ok if I backport trunk/kdelibs/kate and a few other files against
> kdelibs4_snapshot?

How often should kdelibs_snapshot be merged with trunk ?
I think 2 weeks are fine.

The objective of kdelibs_snapshot is AFAIK, to not have a moving target.
Having something which change every two weeks is still a moving target, but
less moving, and let application developper to port their application under a
recent kdelibs (understand: not an obsolete kdelibs)

An intermediate solution would be to have a tag every two week, with a
different version.
i.e  /branches/kdelibs_snapshot/20050916/

But i really think we should do something, or we will port application to
obsolete API, which is not a good thing.

don't you think ?