KFeedbackWizard - another try

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 00:18:49 BST 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 06:14, Christian Nitschkowski wrote:
> I've worked on a feedback wizard application some time ago.
> It was suggested that I should contact you on this ML as a tool like this
> has been discussed by you kde-devs.

my main concern with these things is that we succeed with it and 1000s of
users send in their thoughts. by offering them a way to speak to us, we sort
of obligate ourselves to listen.

i don't have the time to read N emails about kicker or plasma or whatever else
every day from such a tool. and i don't need yet another forum within which
people gripe at me because i'm not listening (i already get that enough in
bugs.kde.org when people report something and i don't fix it, like,
yesterday)

i would, however, be interested in seeing statistics and reports generated out
of a database that these answers could go into, as that would allow me to
snapshot the general viewpoint of people over time.

so while the front end is interesting (though i think it could be shortened up
quite a bit and the default questions work-flowed a bit better), i think it
is the back end where things get much more interesting.

--
Aaron J. Seigo