Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Mon Sep 12 23:28:43 BST 2005

Hi,

I was approached by different people to move ThreadWeaver to kdelibs. Namely
by kmail, kdevelop developers and by Thiago (but I forgot what he wanted to
use it for).

Could you give me clues where in the accepted library structure it would fit
in?

And could someone help me to adapt it to the upcoming build system (it uses
qmake only for now).

I would prefer to keep an individual library, as ThreadWeaver currently relies
on QtCore only, which allows to use it in non-GUI applications. Please also
refrain for now from adding dependancies to QtGui to the library itself, I
think this should be put in some other KDE Gui library or another library by
itself.

--Mirko.
--
KDE e.V.: http://www.kde.org/areas/kde-ev/