Configure entries (Was: Removing icons from KDE 4 Menus)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Sep 4 17:10:15 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 23:56, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> So for now, I give in. Leave 'em in until we really know more since
> change for the sake of change is simply bad but in return I would like
> ask for one thing - lets remove at least three configure option entries
> from the konqueror settings menu. I am not saying to remove the
> functionality, but to reduce the number of repetitive entries, or can
> anyone tell me that this is not evil?

We should really come up with a way to have those config entries part of the
"Configure Konqueror" kcmshell. The reason that they aren't is that they
depend on in-process state information, and that information isn't available
in the external kcmshell process that is used for "Configure Konqueror". This
is a solvable technical problem, though. Who is up to the challenge?

Cheers,
Waldo