[kde-artists] default artwork for 3.5

Janet Theobroma theobroma at revelinux.com
Thu Sep 1 06:25:32 BST 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:31 am, you wrote:
> I am very sorry if I seemed rude, but when people spring things on me
> this way I tend to react to harshly I guess. I am sorry if I hurt your
> feelings in any way.

No, you did not hurt my feelings.

> The facts of the matter are this: I have acted as maintainer for several
> years now, however, this being artwork I did not take over like many
> technical project maintainers. I do very much like the idea of getting
> feedback and information from websites, but I do not think that it is a
> good idea to let the people who vote on the artists site decide
> everything. How many of them are even using KDE? How many of them are
> developing for KDE? How many of them have any clue whatsoever about
> artwork? How many of them are in the eV?
>
> So, although it is a good source of information it is in no way a
> deciding factor for what is included in the release.

I think I need to clarify about the polls. The purpose of the polls on
kde-artists.org was to decide which wallpaper to present to the kde-artists
mailing list. It was _not_ to decide which one was to be included as default.
I assumed that after I presented the wallpapers that there would be a
discussion about whether or not we wanted to use one as the default or what
changes were needed to make to them better, etc, etc. But instead of the
typical discussion I was attacked. The artists on the website are in no way
trying to take over. We just want to contribute. Ken did not take the time to
ask me to clarify or find to the purpose behind the polls. He jumped to
conclusions and based his harsh words on these vast assumptions. It is not
appropriate for any maintainer of KDE to treat contributors in such a manner.

We simply saw a need and we were trying to fulfill it. There were no other
ulterior motives.

Janet Theobroma