KAction port: do we need to support multiple shortcuts per action?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Nov 29 15:11:37 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 16:05, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> 1) Do people agree with the assessment that multiple shortcuts per action
> is bad for usability?

I think they are actually good for usability in one (special) use case: I use
the 4-modifier keyboard scheme on my systems. It's useful for other people if
they have to use such a system if the 'traditional' keys also work. Most
notable and widely used example being alt-f4 vs. alt-esc. ("Can you open a
browser to XYZ for me?")

> 2) Will we need a way to support multiple shortcuts in KDE4?

See above: if possible, please.

--
Martijn